[DRBD-user] Amanda remote backup

Kee Gohil kee at ksl.co.uk
Tue Apr 26 13:18:24 CEST 2005

Yes - It has the same permissions as /var (for example).  /var works fine.

Amanda uses "dump" to backup the partitions.

The man page for dump says

"...either a mountpoint of a filesystem or a list of files
and directories to be backed up as a subset of a filesystem.  In the
former case, either the path to a mounted filesystem or the device of an
unmounted filesystem can be used."

Because /home is mounted I have to use /home as the dump source.  I could try and use /dev/sda8 but that sounds a little scary as it would be bypassing the /dev/drbd0 device.

Kee