[DRBD-user] mounting drbd volume

Leroy van Logchem leroy.vanlogchem at wldelft.nl
Mon Apr 25 10:54:02 CEST 2005

> /dev/cciss/c0d0p8       as /dev/drbd0   /data
>
> Now what I would like to do is re-create this device.

I'am no expert but I would guess:
- disconnect drbd
- you might want to use a dedicated meta-disk /dev/cciss/c0d0p9[0]; in
your drbd.conf
- prepare partitions on both sides using identical parameters ( sfdisk
-l /dev/cciss/c0d0p8 > tmppart  followed by a sfdisk /dev/cciss/c0d0p8 <
tmppart on the other side )
- clean it using dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/cciss/c0d0p9 and invalidate
your drbd0
- make it primary drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 primary --do-what-I-say
- rebuild the filesystem using mkfs.ext3 /dev/drbd0
- reconnect drbd

-- Leroy