[DRBD-user] RE: secondary/secondary

Stephan Rattai srattai at zmnh.uni-hamburg.de
Thu Apr 21 11:22:20 CEST 2005

Hi,

ok, on takeover heartbeat starts drbddisk which fails ((see log of your other
mail) exit code 20):
heartbeat: 2005/04/20_09:42:26 info: Running
/etc/ha.d/resource.d/drbddisk drbd0 start

heartbeat: 2005/04/20_09:42:31 ERROR: Return code 20 from
/etc/ha.d/resource.d/drbddisk

The question is why. I'm not quite sure if your haresources are right, you are
giving the resourcename drbd0 to drbddisk (drbddisk::drbd0) but that is not
the resource you have defined in your drbd.conf:
resource acbl

So I guess you would need to run drbddisk::acbl instead of drbddisk::drbd0. Or
if you just have one drbd resource (or do not bother making them primary all
at once) you might as well run drbddisk without an argument as it will take
your one and only resource.

Just run your drbddisk manually and give the resource as an argument, it might
give you some error message (''drbd0' not defined in your config' I guess).

Am Donnerstag, 21. April 2005 06:15 schrieb Umair Siddiqi:
> I asked this question once, it just I added my log files in my second
> post in same thread.
>
> I am using heartbeat and every thing is configured nicely, except that
> one of the servers does not come primary and I have to do it manually,
> by "drbdadm primary all".

Stephan  Rattai
University of Hamburg
Centre for Molecular Neurobiology Hamburg (ZMNH)
IT services
Falkenried 94
20251 Hamburg
Germany