[DRBD-user] Resized the Raid....

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Apr 19 18:44:57 CEST 2005

/ 2005-04-19 18:37:20 +0200
\ Lars Ellenberg:
> / 2005-04-19 10:34:44 -0500
> \ David A. Smith:
> > [root at ydog1 root]# cat /proc/meminfo
> > MemTotal:      8066392 kB
> > VmallocTotal: 2147483647 kB
> > VmallocUsed:      2132 kB
> > VmallocChunk: 2 147 481 171 kB
>
> I don't know whether this is expected on linux on ppc arch,
> but those figures don't make sense.
> and, VmallocTotal == 2147483647 == max_s32 looks suspicious.

ah, from looking at include/asm-ppc64/pgtable.h,
this is expected, and is supposed to be more or less meaningless:
VMALLOC_END - VMALLOC_START == PGTABLE_EA_MASK
which is
((1<<41)-1)>>10 == (1<<31)-1 == 2147483647.

still, you have plenty of memory.  I don't understand why allocation of
about 80MB should fail.  unless, of course, we got some calculation
wrong, and try to allocate some bogus number; which I doubt.

	Lars Ellenberg