[DRBD-user] unable to mount DRBD device?

Stephan Rattai srattai at zmnh.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Apr 19 09:24:24 CEST 2005

Na, if you use xfs you cannot use resize2fs as it can handle ext2/ext3 only.
No wonder it doesn't find a valid superblock. I don't know if there is a
possibility to shrink xfs but I haven't seen other ways then copying the
data, resizing the partition and copying again. I have no experience with lvm
but as far as I can see lvresize is for resizing the logical volume itself
which means that you would indeed lose data when you do not shrink the
filesystem before. Especially when you use -L without the '-' as you wouldn't
shrink it BY 128 but TO 128 M. If you have the possibility you should use
external metadata I guess. It seems to be the least complicated and dangerous
way in your setup.