[DRBD-user] 0.6 vs. 0.7 3ware performance? [Was: Expected syncspeed for a 425gb volume?]

Jeff Buck jeffb at umci.com
Wed Apr 13 19:55:20 CEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 09:08 +0200, Stephan Rattai wrote:

> So the slower machine is faster in writing as the other end's lower device is
> faster there which really spots the bottleneck I guess. I don't know if you
> could call it decent performance, I guess next time I will go with the LSI
> 800-8x.

Well, I'd call it a lot more decent than what we were seeing. We
probably would have decided to live with that performance, but the
drives dropping out of the array was too much to live with.

There were a couple of times that we thought we had improved our
performance quite a bit with a bit of tweaking, but we later discovered
that when we try to sustain the I/O for an extended time, it would
always revert back to between 10-18 megs/sec.

We were using 8 250 gig WD sata (JD) drives with the 3ware 8506-12.