[DRBD-user] /dev/drbd1: No such file or directory...

Gilberto Nunes gilbertonunes at bomjesusielusc.edu.br
Tue Apr 12 18:07:33 CEST 2005

Hi Folks....

I have two server running Debian GNU/Linux, whith 2.6.11.6 kernel release...

I compile the drbd 0.7.x source in my both server.

In one of them, everythink is right...

I'm up the drbd script, via /etc/init.d/drbd start, and everythink is well...

However, whe I try to starting up the same initial script in other machine, I
received the following error message:

hercules:~# /etc/init.d/drbd start
Starting DRBD resources:      | NOTE: we now have officially asigned device
name and major number.
  | Please use /dev/drbd*; if neccessary create the device nodes first.
  | To do so: for i in `seq 0 15` ; do mknod -m 0660 /dev/drbd$i b 147 $i; done
can not open /dev/drdb2: No such file or directory
[ d0 ioctl(,SET_DISK_CONFIG,) failed: Invalid argument
Meta device too small.

cmd /sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/mapper/WEB-web internal -1
--on-io-error=detach  failed!

I have been created the correcty devices, in /dev/ filesystem.
I have been loaded the drbd.ko module.

Can someone help about this error?
In attcah, my drbd.conf.
This .conf is already put in both of machine.
Thanks....

--
Gilberto Nunes
Administrador de Rede/Sistemas