[DRBD-user] 0.6 vs. 0.7 3ware performance? [Was: Expected syncspeed for a 425gb volume?]

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Fri Apr 8 00:47:41 CEST 2005

Nate Carlson wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Nate Carlson wrote:
> > 2) If there isn't an immediate fix for this, what should I do for my 0.6
> > install to make it easier to move to 0.7 when this problem is figured
> > out?
>
> OK, not getting any feedback on how to debug yet, so just to re-ask the
> question: what do I need to do with a 0.6 install to make it easy to
> upgrade to 0.7?
>
> Just leave 128mb available on each disk?

_in_ each _partition_ used by drbd, or _as_ a separate _partition_ for each
drbd partition.

I plan that when I update ours, I will add a separate hard disk to the
system which will be just used for drbd metadata partitions, so I don't have
to worry about did I tell 0.6 config the correct amount smaller, or remember
to up the size in the drbd config when I go to 0.7.

--
Todd Denniston