[DRBD-user] kernel ( 2.4.25) panic with drbd0.7.10

sunil arora arora.sunil at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 12:35:38 CEST 2005

Hi all,

this is my first post to this mailing list. I am using HA cluster ( of
2 nodes) using heartbeat and drbd. I am using drbd0.7.10 with kernel
2.4.25 ( smp support taken custamized compilation).

kernel panic is happening when we do perform following steps on cluster:

2 nodes are working in HA cluster

                 node1 ---------------------node 2
                  primary                           secondary

1)  node1 is primary and node2 is secondary
2)  reboot node1, ..node2 takes over as primary
3)  now when node1 comes up after reboot and tries to sinc with
current primary (node2). In 50% of the cases kernel oops with
following dump all the time

crash is happening at   line no. 98 ( page_alloc.c )  caused in drbd_reciever
I tried to dig around in the kernel a bit and found out , the panic is
being caused by

freeing of some pages while being in Interrupt.

Has anybody faced this problem ?
or drbd0.7.10 has some problem with kernel 2.4.25

thanks in advance
-sunil