[DRBD-user] Strange message on Secondary (SyncSource) when i read a bloc on Primary (Synctarget)

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Sep 30 18:46:42 CEST 2004

/ 2004-09-30 15:57:22 +0200
\ Benoit.Ropartz at alcatel.fr:
> Hello,
>
> DRBD 0.7
> Kernel 2.4.x
>
> On Secondary (SyncSource) I see this message :
>
> drbd7: ASSERT( page_count(drbd_bio_get_page(&e->private_bio)) == 1 ) in
> drbd_receiver.c:350
>
> The bloc is reading on Secondary because it is not yet syncing on Primary
> !!!
>
> But the reading is OK (control by checksum....) !!!
>
> PS : each same reading give same editing on Secondary

hm.
you are not the first to report this.
probably some thinko and the assert does not apply,
rather than a bug  ...

I guess Phillip will have a look at this before 0.7.5 is released?

likely that for remote application reads this assert is simply wrong:
of course the application has still a reference on that page.

	Lars Ellenberg