[DRBD-user] MySQL table type and configuration for DRBD/HA?

Guy Davis guy.davis at pason.com
Wed Sep 29 19:56:25 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I have a question for the DRBD/HA/MySQL users on list.  Which table type
are you using?  Our dataset is currently all in MyISAM.  We've thought
about using InnoDB, but we're looking at about a 2x disk usage jump over
MyISAM along with slower insert speed.  Insert rate is very important
for us.

The reason I ask is that we're able to simulate a failover with DRBD and
HA in which the primary doesn't fully write the index files to disk
before failure.  The secondary starts MySQL and it complains about
corrupted index files.

Is anyone using MySQL like this?  I think if we configure MySQL to flush
buffers after every write this risk will be minimized, but I'm worried
about the performance hit.  Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Guy

P.S.  DRBD and HA are great.  I'm just wondering how to best use MySQL
on top of them.