[DRBD-user] Debianization

David Krovich dkrovich at csee.wvu.edu
Tue Sep 28 06:24:58 CEST 2004

Philipp Hug wrote:

> David,
> If we add drbd-0.7.x under to name "drbd" to unstable, it would be
> possible to get it into sarge within 10 days if there are no RC bugs and
> if debian isn't freezed in the mean time...
> But this would remove 0.6 from sarge...
>
> philipp

What is the upgrade path from 0.6.x to 0.7.x?  It seems like 0.7.x used
/dev/drbd? devicenames and 0.6.x uses /dev/nb? device names.  So there
could be problems with people upgrading.  Any other potential snafus for
people attempting to upgrade from 0.6.x to 0.7.x?

Can someone comment?

Once this is resolved I've got my first version of drbd 0.7.x packages
to upload.  They're not perfect, but should be good enough for unstable.