[DRBD-user] DEFAULTFILE="/etc/default/drbd" - what is this?

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Sep 27 19:53:38 CEST 2004

/ 2004-09-27 13:05:38 -0400
\ Dan Didier:
>  Hi, I'm trying to get the start and stop scripts working so we can
> start testing with heartbeat.
> If I load the driver with insmod manually and then execute the start
> script it works.  I'm guessing the problem is with the DEFAULTFILE
> driective since I'm not sure what it does.  It currently points to
> /etc/default/drbd.  There is nothing there, and I'm not sure what it is
> looking for.  If anyone knows what this should point to that would help
> and is this the source of my driver loading issue?

from scripts/drbd

|DEFAULTFILE="/etc/default/drbd"
|DRBDADM="/sbin/drbdadm"
|PROC_DRBD="/proc/drbd"
|MODPROBE="modprobe"
|RMMOD="rmmod"
|UDEV_TIMEOUT=10
|ADD_MOD_PARAM=""
|
|if [ -f $DEFAULTFILE ]; then
|  . $DEFAULTFILE
|fi

we introduced it only to allow for
ADD_MOD_PARAM to be overridden
at the point where we allowed for arbitrary major numbers that
at least seemed to make a little bit sense.
e.g. you could do
  echo "ADD_MOD_PARAM=use_nbd_major" > /etc/default/drbd
if you still want to use these
  brw-rw----    1 root     root      43,   0 2003-09-23 19:59 /dev/nb0
device nodes instead of
  brw-rw----    1 root     root     147,   0 2004-09-23 14:06 /dev/drbd0

thats all it should ever do,
and if it is not there, it does nothing.

your later mail refers to "insmod" vs. "modprobe"...
you probably forgot to "depmod -a"

	Lars Ellenberg