RES: [DRBD-user] drbd tranfer limitations (random and sequential acccess) using raw

crsurf crsurf at terra.com.br
Sat Sep 25 05:59:44 CEST 2004

Hi list

We resolved the performance problem in ASE adding one more gigabit interface
in drbd configuration, the raw device for database log replication in one
interface and in other interface the others raw devices (master,
sybsystemprocs and database), with this configuration an insert of 1000 rows
takes 7 secs, with only one interface the same insert takes 40 secs and
without replication 1 sec.

drbd SyncingAll transfer rate average with one or two interfaces, hit the
maximum of 400000 ~ 450000 kbits/s. And in insert operation of database, hit
the maximun of 6000 ~ 7000 kbits/s per interface, and the problem was the
log transaction replication which allways hit this limit, causing high i/o
waiting when sharing the network interface with other devices. When using
two devices, one only for log device replication and other for database and
other devices the i/o wait reduces and the performance improves as I
described before.

Cristiano da Costa