[DRBD-user] Re: drbd-user Digest, Vol 2, Issue 35

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Sep 23 16:38:22 CEST 2004

/ 2004-09-23 22:09:55 +0800
\ Seki Lau:
> Dear Lars Ellenberg
> Ok, your idea is also good. Setting up the monitor script to monitor
> the disk failure. In case disk failure, we switch to secondary and may
> even stop the heartbeat.
> I have 2 questions
> 1) on-io-error detach. On what io error , the node will detach from
> cluster? Local disk i/o error or , both local and remote disk i/o
> error

the local node detaches its lower level device in case there is some io
error reported by the lower level device. "io error" in this context is
any io request that failed to complete successfully on the lower level
device.

it does not make sense at all to talk about
detaching on remote io error.
I probably did not understand you?

> 2) Suppose I have designed some script to monitor syslog. Then I need
> to test my script. So far, my disks work very well. So I can't not
> test the correctly of my script.
> Beside disconnecting the IDE cable or, remove the harddisk power
> cable, what I can do to create the case that, i/o error?

man dmsetup
for an example, see how it is done in testing/CTH.
for a similar example, see the thread on SCSI errors on 20 Sep.

	lge