[DRBD-user] DRBD and Smartmontools

Josh Tanski mortonjt at rochester.rr.com
Wed Sep 22 16:46:49 CEST 2004

Suppose I use "disk /dev/hdb;" in a 0.7.4 drbd.conf.  Does using
smartmontools to monitor the SMART status on the hard drive count as
bypassing DRBD and accessing the underlying device directly (or using
hdparm on the drive for that matter)?

And if so, would I be better off partitioning the disks into one big
/dev/hdb1 and using DRBD on top off that & then smartmontools could
access /dev/hdb?

Thanks,
Josh