[DRBD-user] applying patch how to

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Sep 22 16:32:17 CEST 2004

/ 2004-09-22 18:56:25 +0800
\ P.V.Anthony:
> Robert Fowler wrote:
> >I am trying to install drbd 0.6.13 and use the linux redhat 2.4.9 kernel
> >
> >Q: Compiling fails with "structure has no member named `nice'" from on
> >the drbd_syncer.c?
> >

> >On the drbd website it states to apply the patch below.  However as I am
> >new to linux ho do you apply this patch, typing it out doest work ????

you read INSTALL?

it says:

   Note: On some distros (redhat/fedora typically), you first need to have a
   look into ./drbd_config.h, and (un)comment some of the
   settings appropriately.

would you please just read drbd_config.h ?
there are some redhat specific lines in there.
let me quote the relevant part:

 // If your vendor kernel happens to have O(1) sched in place,
 // but autodetection of that fact does not work (e.g. RH 2.4.9 and some other)
 // simply add "|| 1" to the below line
 #if defined(MAX_RT_PRIO) || defined(CONFIG_MAX_RT_PRIO)
 #define HAVE_O1_SCHED
 #endif

	Lars Ellenberg