[DRBD-user] drbd on Redhat Advanced server 2.4.9-3.49

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Sep 22 16:37:41 CEST 2004

/ 2004-09-22 12:38:44 +0100
\ Robert Fowler:
> Thanks for the help yesterday,  I am still stuck and looking to find
> answers to compiling issues.
>
> Basically I want to install a version of drbd on redhat advanced server
> 2.1 Advanced Server with a kernel 2.4.9-e.49smp.  I don't have the
> option of upgrading the kernel as it will be out of support from Redhat.
>
> I have tried the following steps:
>
> Download the drbd source code drbd-0.7.4.tar.gz from drdb.org
> Unzip the file gzip -d /usr/src/drbd-0.7.4.tar.gz
> Untar the source code  tar -xvf  /usr/src/drbd-0.7.4.tar

please use 0.6.13 with those ancient kernels.
they lack some defines that we use naturally.
and I am just too lazy to go over the 0.7 code
and make it compile with redhat 2.4.9-whatever,
because I am already in the process of dropping
all 2.4 compatibility for the upcomming drbd 0.8.

I know that 0.6.13 works fine with it, if you follow INSTALL.

or use a more recent kernel.

thanks,

	Lars Ellenberg