[DRBD-user] drbd on Redhat Advanced server 2.4.9-3.49

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Sep 21 15:12:41 CEST 2004

/ 2004-09-21 13:38:13 +0100
\ Robert Fowler:
> Hi
>
> I want to install a version of drbd that will work on the 2.4.9 kernel.
> Is such a version available and if so where ?

all 0.6 and 0.7 versions are expected to work with 2.4 kernels.

> Also how do I tell which version of drbd is currently installed?
ask your package management system, if it was a package?
find the tarball it was build from if you built it from source?
ask drbdsetup?
load the module, look into /proc/drbd and/or syslog?
if nothing else works, run strings on the binary,
and look for something like a version number?

> I have also downloaded the drbd version 0.7.4 source code but cannot
> find details on how to compile for redhat.

so. but you read the "INSTALL", right?

>  If I unzip the package and
> type makes  I get advised the present kernel configuration has modules
> disabled.  Type make config and enable loadable module support.  Then
> build a kernel with module support enabled. ??? What does this mean in
> English ,

nope, you obviously did not read the INSTALL.

	Lars Ellenberg