[DRBD-user] Clarification on How-To

Nuno Tavares nunotavares at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 17 03:06:34 CEST 2004

Alan and John,

This is *NOT* true, at least for 0.6.x. I'm still lacking the time to test
0.7.x though.

DRBD has (used to have?) a legacy mode, which will boot DRBD devices as
Secondary, leaving the decision of whom is Primary (the to-be-mirrored
device) to Heartbeat (or another cluster manager). There are situations when
the DRBD switches need to be controlled externally, thus (of course)
compromising the latest-data-availability.

This setup has been working for several weeks, and its described in my
LTSP-HA HOWTO[1]. See chapter 4.1.2 for further explanation - it was
discussed in this list at the time of writing.

Best regards,

[1] http://republico.estv.ipv.pt/~nmct/ltsp/ha/
--
Nuno Tavares