[DRBD-user] Device monitor script for drbd-0.7.x

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Wed Sep 15 09:57:33 CEST 2004

On 2004-09-15T10:39:55,
   Shallyee Shang <shallyee.shang at jp.sony.com> said:

> I am trying write a script under drbd-0.7.x, which can probe if a drbd
> device can transfer to primary state when it receive a "drbdadm primary ..."
> command. Device monitor will call this script to determine if a device
> is avaliable.
>
> "drbdadm state" command tells device's status, which may help me
> make the decision. I can get a state list by greping drbd source code,
> I guess these are all that "state" command can tell, but I don't understand
> which state can transfer to primary state.
>
> Can anyone teach me about this, or advise me a good way to write a
> monitor script?

Any drbd which is not "Inconsistent" can become master; even a
SyncTarget can become master as long as it is connected to the
SyncSource.

The full logic which side of the two you might want to promote to
primary is somewhat more complex, in particular if they are internally
split...

With what cluster manager are you trying to integrate drbd?

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering