[DRBD-user] Performance-Test (was: Performance Problem with Informix Database Server)

Thomas Dingermann td at trobisch.de
Tue Sep 14 08:52:16 CEST 2004

Informix-Dynamix-Server does writes in "cooked files" (normal Files, not Raw-Devices) like the test-program attached here.

It simulates writes with the Informix AIO-VPs - they are done with O_SYNC, so there will never be more than 2kB loss in case of a crash.

I dont know why my Sybase-SQL-Anywhere has no performance problem -Informix has.

Compile:
gcc tproc.c -o tprog

Create the testfile:
cd /path/to/drbd/mounted/file/system; touch testfile

Test performance:
time /.../tprog

Look at your IO:
vmstat

I have around 150 Blocks/sec

Any ideas how to tune this?

Thomas

/*--------------- Anfang tprog.c -------------------*/

#include <stdio.h>

#include <fcntl.h>

main()

{

 int fd;

 char buffer_vc[64*1024];

 int i;

 char *ptr_pc = buffer_vc;

 if ( ( fd = open( "./testfile", O_WRONLY | O_SYNC ) ) == -1 )

 {

     perror( "Datei ./testfile muss erst angelegt werden" );

     exit( 1 );

 }

 for ( i = 0; i < 10000; i++ )

 {