[DRBD-user] Enabling Debug Log

Joonbum Byun jbyun at qovia.com
Thu Sep 9 19:19:50 CEST 2004

Hi;

Being a very DRBD novice, I just managed to compile the DRBD module
0.7.3, write /etc/drbd.conf file and executed

"/etc/rc.d/init.d/drbd start" command. Then after a message "Starting
DRBD resources:     " displayed, it just stops there until I interrupt
with control-C key. It seems it halted at shell commad "drbdadm adjust
r0" within the drbd run command.

I was able to ping each other machines, 192.168.1.206 and 216, through
eth1 interface. I confirmed DRBD module is listed with lsmod command. My
drbd.conf file is included for your reference.

 I'd like to know how DRBD can be configured to log debug message at
/var/log/???. If anyone knows any good source to DRDB troubleshooting or
any HOWTOs not on home page, please let me know. I'd really appreciate
your help.

<< /etc/drbd.conf >>

resource r0 {

        protocol B;

        incon-degr-cmd "echo '!DRBD! pri on incon-degr' | wall ; sleep
60 ; halt -f";

        on qoviaion206 {

                device /dev/drbd0;

                disk /dev/hda7;