[DRBD-user] problem compiling 0.7.3 on redhat 7.3 - 2.4.20-28.7smp

Bob Yeaw byeaw at widevine.com
Tue Sep 7 19:48:55 CEST 2004

> make sure you use a gcc-2.95 with 2.4 kernels.
> (you never know. redhat tends to install a different default compiler
> than needed to compile their kernels)

I noted in my original email that I was using gcc-2.96-110 (the version supplied with redhat 7.3).  I tried updating to gcc-2.96-113 but still ran into the same issue.  I am able to compile the kernel with both of these compilers using the steps you provided.

> so, "works for me" ...
> and did I already mention that I do not really care about 2.4 kernels?
>
> hope this helped, anyways...

nope, it didn't. But thanks for trying :)

Interestingly, I was able to get drbd to both build and operate by commenting out line 28 of include/linux/mm_inline.h:

//GPL_HEADER()

So it probably is some weird compiler issue.  Guess I will try other compiler versions when I have a chance.

thanks,

-bob