[DRBD-user] upgrade

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Sep 6 17:56:25 CEST 2004

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 02:51:42PM +0100, German Gutierrez wrote:
> Hi
>

> What is the upgrade procedure from 0.7.2 to 0.7.3 ?

nothing special.
and there is no need to hurry if you use 0.7.2,
you can also wait for 0.7.4.
we already have some new things and corner case fixes in svn. again.
and some more ideas to improve heartbeat integration, and ...  :)

but, back to your question:

easy (with downtime):
 on both nodes,
  stop all services using drbd
    (typically: just stop heartbeat, it will stop the services)
  drbdadm down all
  rmmod drbd
  compile new drbd module
  install new drbd module
  insert the new drbd module
  drbdadm up all
  start all services
    (typically: just start heartbeat, it will start the services)

slightly involved (no downitme):
  on one node do the above,
  then, on the other node do the above.

  so you always have one node serving ...