[DRBD-user] slow synchronisation

Christian Garling christian at cg-networks.de
Thu Sep 2 21:36:44 CEST 2004

Hello people,

i have a problem with synchronisation. i have 2 servers with escalade
7506-4P raid controller and three maxtor baracuda 160gb harddisks. they
are connected through two intel eepro 1000 gigabit ethernet cards (bonding
mode 0). when i comment out the rate setting in drbd.conf the initial sync
runs with the default value of 250kb/s. but when i use the rate setting it
only runs with about 12kb/s. i tested the connection with iptraf monitor
and it seems everything to be ok. here is my actually configuration. its
very basicly at the moment.

resource r0 {
  protocol C;
  incon-degr-cmd "halt -f";

  startup {
    wfc-timeout  0;
    degr-wfc-timeout 120;
 }

  disk {
    on-io-error   panic;
  }

  net {
    timeout       60;    #  6 seconds  (unit = 0.1 seconds)
    connect-int   10;    # 10 seconds  (unit = 1 second)
    ping-int      10;    # 10 seconds  (unit = 1 second)
    ko-count 5;
    on-disconnect reconnect;
  }

  syncer {