[DRBD-user] Machine crashed repeatedly: drbd16: Epoch set size wrong!!found=1061 reported=1060

Andreas Huck drbd at huck.it
Fri Oct 29 15:16:10 CEST 2004

Hi,

On Friday 29 October 2004 11:41, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm wondering about this message, which occured with drbd 0.6.13 running
> with original kernel 2.4.27 on a XSeries 235 machine with serveraid 5,
> broadcom gigabit ethernet (bcm5700) during copying datas to /dev/nb16.
> The machine has 512 MB RAM and 1024 MB cache.
>
> What does this mean:
> Oct 29 05:30:20 FAGINTSC kernel: drbd16: Epoch set size wrong!!found=1061
> reported=1060

I recall having read something simmilar here,
google(drbd "Epoch set size wrong") comes
up with
http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2004-May/000796.html
http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2004-May/000797.html

[...]
> Could you please help me, because drbd seems to crash my machine really
> often (about once a day).

hm, seems that you don't need HA if that already happend "really often" :-)

Regards,
Andreas