[DRBD-user] Re: drbd-user Digest, Vol 3, Issue 30

Anand Subramanian anands at ca.ibm.com
Thu Oct 28 18:09:28 CEST 2004

>> I am trying drbd (0.7.5) with Heartbeat (1.2.3) on RHEL3 update 2
>> (2.4.21-ELsmp Linux kernel - comes default with the distro). I have a
>> question regarding resource failover which hopefully makes sense to
>> someone out here.
>>
>> When my primary node (node1) goes down, I can see that node2 (hitherto,

>> the secondary node) takes over. But this takeover is not fully
automated.
>> W.r.t Heartbeat, the resource seems to be drbddisk (specified in the
>> /etc/ha.d/haresources file on both nodes in identical fashion).

>there has been a short thread about how to become primary when the other
>node dies about two weeks ago. may that answers part of your questions.
>
>thanks,
>lge

All I want to know is : does anyone know if the scripts shipped by default
as part of the heartbeat 1.2.3 package handle this correctly(for drbd
0.7.5)? No matter what is to be done to make the secondary node the
primary, if the primary crashes or is shutdown?

In short, does /etc/ha.d/resource.d/drbddisk handle this scenario
correctly? Yes, I should be going through the code to find out. Which is
what I am doing.

But in the meantime...

                    Anand