[DRBD-user] LVM 1 + DRBD

Marc Cousin mcousin at sigma.fr
Thu Oct 28 10:27:02 CEST 2004

On Thursday 28 October 2004 10:01, Alex Ongena wrote:
> We are using drbd on top of LVM 1 to replicate an LVM partition,
> and it seems to work fine.
> Also our (external) meta data device is an LVM device.
> Regards
> alex
>
> linux 2.4.24 + drbd 0.7.5 + LVM 1 (not patched, what's in the kernel
> tree)

Not my question. I need to use a drbd as a PV, don't want to manage 12 drbds
or more on a machine, and not resizing or snapshotting easily.

I allready have a working configuration (a minor update in the lvm tools
code), but I need to know if this is dangerous (it seems OK to me to
replicate the entire disks).