[DRBD-user] Re: syntax error on simple setup

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Oct 27 19:00:42 CEST 2004

/ 2004-10-27 11:13:08 -0500
\ Jason Joines:

> 	I'm trying to get 0.7.5 built but not having much luck so far.  I
> installed kernel-source-2.6.5-7.111 which did go into /usr/src/linux.  Then:
> 	all# cd /usr/src/linux
> 	all# make mrproper
> 	suse# make cloneconfig
> all went well.  However:
> 	all# make linux/include/version.h gave the error, "make: *** No rule
> 	to make target `linux/include/version.h'.  Stop."

should not happen, but try to ignore.
make modules_prepare instead.

or compile against the pre-compiled headers
(2.6.5-7.111 leads me to believe it is suse,
 so I know there are precompiled header and obj directories
 you could compile against)
of course, do NOT run "make mrproper" or anything in those,
they would not know how to regenerate...

	Lars Ellenberg