[DRBD-user] Re: DRBD and a high performance MySQL database

David davidu at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 23:05:16 CEST 2004

Well, since I didn't get any replies I'll change my message from a
question to an offer. :)

I should be receiving two Dell 2850's with Dual Xeon 3.0's, 4gig ram
and about six 36 gig 15K RPM SCSI disks on a U320 SCSI RAID card.  The
machines will be connected via a 1000mbit crossover cable.

I will be testing the performance of MySQL using the MySQL benchmark
suite both with and without drbd.

Aside from bonnie++ are there any other benchmarks people would like
me to run?  I have seen the benchmarks on the website and I will try
to do things in that fashion more or less and thought it might be nice
to have some updated stats on some new hardware.

I'm interested to see if the 15K rpm disks become useless with drbd so
I might also try with 10K RPM disks if I can find enough to test with
those too.

I'm in no hurry to get these placed into production so any other
benchmarks you'd like me to run I can try to do...

thanks,
david