[DRBD-user] Migrating NFS to a DRBD block device

Jeff Buck jeffb at umci.com
Fri Oct 15 18:51:17 CEST 2004

OK, I know this would be a bit of a kludge, but wouldn't it work to put
LVM on top of the block device. Wouldn't the device number in that case
stay the same, even if you popped drbd in or out of the loop?

It would require a quick reconfigure of LVM every time, but you'd only
have to do some quick changes in the devices section.

The nice thing would be that you don't have to modify anything in the
kernel, or really modify any software at all. You could do it all
quickly and easily with a simple shell script.. Besides, LVM can be
handy later down the road as well.

-Jeff