[DRBD-user] Drbd.conf manpage and negative values of wfc-timeout and degr-wfc-timeout

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut.wollmersdorfer at gmx.at
Wed Oct 13 11:51:02 CEST 2004

Marcin Przyczyna wrote:

> I'm a little bit confused reading
> manpage of drbd.conf and trying setting
> the wfc-timeout and degr-wfc-timeout
> to negative values, just as said in manpage.

http://www.drbd.org/fileadmin/drbd/doc/0.7.0/en/drbd.conf.html
say this only for wfc-timeout.
But there is a difference between man and drbd behaviour:
# /etc/init.d/drbd restart
Restarting all DRBD resources/etc/drbd.conf:131: integer expected, not
'-10'.
/etc/drbd.conf:131: integer expected, not '-10'.
/etc/drbd.conf:131: integer expected, not '-10'.

> I'm using heartbeat to control drbd shared partition
> and if I try to set startup section parameters to
> negative values:

> startup
> {
>   wfc-timeout         -1;
>   skip-wait           -1;

skip-wait is not a valid parameter in 0.7.x
drbd-0.7.5:
# /etc/init.d/drbd restart
Restarting all DRBD resources/etc/drbd.conf:132: one of
'wfc-timeout|degr-wfc-timeout' expected, not 'skip-wait'.

>   degr-wfc-timeout    -1;
> }
>
> I got
>
> " /etc/drbd.conf:23: integer expected, not '-1'. "

And this is which one of the parameters?

> Why ?

Because the man pages are not in sync with the program changes.
Thank you for this bug submit.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer