[DRBD-user] Re: Assert (mdev->state == Primary)

Seki Lau sekilau at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 04:00:16 CEST 2004

Hi Lar Ellenberg
drbd(in /usr/local/etc/ha.d/resource.d/ ) is a symbolic link to file
at /etc/ha.d/resource.d/drbddisk. I am not that stupid to start
/etc/rc.d/init.d/drbd in haresources

Now, I changed /usr/local/etc/ha.d/haresources

Master drbd Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/share1::ext3
Filesystem::/dev/drbd1::/share2::ext3
Filesystem::/dev/drbd2::/share3::ext3
Filesystem::/dev/drbd3::/share4::ext3
Filesystem::/dev/drbd4::/share5::ext3 smb

(smb is link to /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb)

I start up Master, it is ok (mounted , smbd started); then i start the
slave; I shut down Master, disk is mounted in slave smb starts at
slave. I start up Master again then shut down slave -> ok, disks
mounted in master and smb start correct.

But when I start the slave again, problem occurs. The current Primary
(Master) complain that
"Current Primary shall become sync TARGET! Aborting to prevent data
corruption" . During these reboot and mounting, I did not touch any of
files in those mirroring disks(this is a developing system, I sure no
client access the SMB).

Do you have any idea?

Thank in prior
Seki

p.s. I can't find datadisk script. I only can find drbddisk. Are they same?