[DRBD-user] Assert (mdev->state == Primary)

Steve Purkis steve.purkis at multimap.com
Tue Oct 12 22:15:26 CEST 2004

Hi Seki,

On Oct 11, 2004, at 08:37, Seki Lau wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am using 0.7.4 and I have put "touch" and "rm" in drbd start and
> stop script.

First off, you might try upgrading to DRBD 0.7.5 -- a few 2.4 related
bugs have been resolved:

  * Fix a bug that could case read requests to return wrong data
    on a node in Primary/SyncTaget state. (A very unlikely race,
    it is not known that this ever triggered; It was found by an
    ASSERTION in the code)
  * Better compatibility with early 2.4.x kernels (BH_Launder,
min()/max())
  * Touch /var/lock/subsys/drbd, needed for RedHat based distros.

> I power up machine 1 M1 and it becomes primary. I power up machine 2
> M2 and it becomes secondary.
> I power down M1, I expect M2 become primary.
>
> But I find that M2 can't become primary.

Can you attach your Heartbeat & DRBD configuration files?  It might be
a simple configuration error.  Also, what kernel version are you
running?

Also, I found this guide quite useful:
	http://linuxha.trick.ca/GettingStarted_2fDRBD

-Steve