[DRBD-user] migrating to a larger DRBD device

campbellm at cia.com.au campbellm at cia.com.au
Tue Oct 12 04:25:46 CEST 2004

> drbd is a block device, not a file system.
> since drbd is a replicated block device, its announced size can not be
> larger than the smallest replica.
> since it is not the file system,
> you need to resize the filesystem on top of it, too.

Aha. That would explain why when the device remounted it showed up as the old
size of 3GB after I resized the lower level device to 50GB. In the end,
I backed up the device, and made a new filesystem on the DRBD device,
and remounted it. It showed the full size fine. I didn't feel confident
enough using the drbdsetup resize option.

Cheers,

Campbell