[DRBD-user] GFS & Co

Alexander Opitz opi at le-bit.de
Wed Oct 6 20:47:52 CEST 2004

Philipp Reisner wrote:
> We are currently in the process of finishingre/refining the ROADMAP
> document, and discussing the algorithms. This discussion takes place
> on the drbd-dev mailing list.

Ok, will add me to the developers list.

> Maybe you should suggest your boss to contact office at linbit.com ?
>
> Probabely LINBIT can offer him a solution to the requested features
> within his schedule.

Would be nice, but there is no money ... only me with the order to find
a solution for his problem (and do what he wants and not doing what is
the best :-/ ).

> Indeed, I hope your boss has the right business plan / funding.

That's not what my boss wants, that's what I want do as an OpenSource
Project ... the idea for this was started with what my boss needs/wants.

And as I didn't found something (but I didn't searched exspecialy for a
server/cluster distribution) so I spoke it out, maybe someone knows more.

> * Get used to UML (user mode linux)
> * Start kernel hacking
> * Start reading the DRBD source.
> * Understand the items on the ROADMAP document,
>   a lot of them depend on the previous ones.

For what is UML needed? I want to run the tests on 2 boxes inside qemu
but maybe I miss something.

Yes, that most thinks depends on other positions is clear to me on some
parts of the ROADMAP I need a better understanding of english ;)

> PS: The ROADMAP document on the web is very outdated by now,
>     get the latest version from the trunk in SVN.

I haven't found it on the web only in svn trunk ... hey, today there is
an update of it.

Greetings Alex//