[DRBD-user] The entire system?

Bernd Schubert bernd-schubert at web.de
Tue Oct 5 19:40:35 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 18:47, Jim Olson wrote:
> Currently drbd is setup on two debian systems which I essentially
> want to replicate.  Is there any way that I can replicate a system
> using drbd?  The system has /dev/sda1 as the partition and no
> other partitions.

In theory this would be possible, though I really wouldn't do it. You would
need to start drbd from an initrd and using pivot_root to set your drbd
device as root partition.
However, you second node really needs another partion for storing the drbd
data.

May I ask what you are attempting to do?

Cheers,
 Bernd