[DRBD-user] Write performance 0.7.4 versus 0.7.5 on Primary + SyncTarget

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Oct 5 18:05:24 CEST 2004

/ 2004-10-05 17:59:08 +0200
\ Bernd Schubert:
> On Tuesday 05 October 2004 17:13, Benoit.Ropartz at alcatel.fr wrote:
> > Ok i have tested writes speed during normal operation and i got sames
> > results
> > with two versions ~ 600 Ko/s.
> >
> > But why i find difference when syncing is active (30ko=>2ko) ???
>
> Just read the changelog of 0.7.5, the write speed barrier of 30MB/s has gone
> with this version. Probably you are now syncing with the full speed of your
> hardware (check the logs or /proc/drbd during the synchronisation to get the
> sync speed) and with the previous version only at 30MB/s and so there was l
> more capacity left for normal writing operation.

right.
thanks for answering those questions.

> > And 2ko/s is very small....
>
> Btw, what does the unit 'ko' mean? kilo operations?

the french guys did not yet notice that the iso name is byte.
the ones I know even keep confusing byte with bit because if
a frenchman pronounces it, it sounds the same, anyways.

so they keep saying octet, which is a correct term, too, of course.
only not much used outside france...

	Lars Ellenberg