[DRBD-user] Current Primary shall become sync TARGET

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Fri Oct 1 17:24:10 CEST 2004

Philipp Reisner wrote:
> On Thursday 30 September 2004 15:46, Luca Uburti wrote:
>
>>This is my first post to this ML, I hope this problem
>>has not been already discussed here, but I couldn't
>>find a solution elsewhere.
>>
>>I installed drbd 0.7.4 + heartbeat rpm's for RH8 from
>>UltraMonkey + ipfail.
>>
>>I set up a cluster of two computers: node1 (primary)
>>and node2 (secondary), sharing the drbd device on the
>>net with Samba. Each node has two Nic's, one for the
>>data and one for the heartbeats on a crossover cable.
>>
>>Everything seems to work fine except for one thing.
>>
>>Whenever I disconnect the eth cable from node1 (the
>>"data" cable, not the heartbeat cable), node1 becomes
>>secondary and node2 becomes primary, BUT if I later
>>reconnect this cable, the node2 prints this message in
>>the logs:
>

> I think you got the heartbeat config not right. There
> should not be any failover/switchover/failback process
> happening if you only interrupt the "data" link.

I'd recommend that you heartbeat over both interfaces, and that you run
DRBD synchronization over the crossover cable (so that both DRBD and
heartbeats run over this cable).  (I'm not sure what you mean by "data" cable).

Probably good to read this article on a very similar configuration:
	http://www.linux-mag.com/2003-11/availability_01.html

--
     Alan Robertson <alanr at unix.sh>

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship...  Let me claim
from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce