[DRBD-user] drbd compile failure

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Nov 29 07:02:36 CET 2004

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 09:40:26PM +0000, aleks wrote:
> I tried to compile the latest drbd source form here :
> http://oss.linbit.com/drbd/
> against my kernel source kernel-ssi-source-2.4.20-31.9_ssi_7.i686.rpm
>
> I am using openssi kernel .......
>
> 1. compilation of drbd failed .... is this a known problem ?

sure.
almost every kernel module needs adjustment for such a patched kernel.

> 2. is the kernel source likely to compile against an openmosix kernel ?

no.

> 3. how difficult would it be to fix the compile problem ?

to be honest, I have no idea, really. may be "easy",
may be "not practicably doable"; don't know too much about the ssi
kernel (yet).

you could:

get the drbd package of the openssi people, compare it with
the drbd sources of that time (unfortunately they did not provide
a patch, nor did they explicitly state on which version/date of drbd
-pre sources they based their modifications).
try to mimick those modifications with recent drbd source.

or get some openssi guy working on it again.

or contact linbit office.

	Lars Ellenberg