[DRBD-user] Sync stuck at 100%
per at fukt.bth.se
Fri Nov 26 11:22:24 CET 2004
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004, Per Liden wrote:
> I'm having problems with DRBD getting stuck at around 99-100% during an
> initial/full sync. This seems to be happening about 8 out of 10 times.
After some further testing it seems that I managed to resolve the issue.
Changes I made to my configuration:
- Removed LVM (DRBD now runs directly on top of my hda10 device).
- Changed meta-data to "internal" (instead of hda9 ).
- Filesystem used on top of /dev/drbd0 is now reiserfs instead of ext3.
(I thought I should mention is, even if the choice of filesystem
shouldn't have anything to do with my sync problem).
So far I've done three full syncs without getting stuck. Unfortunately I
did all the above changes in one go, so I can't really say if it was LVM
or the separate meta-data partition that casued the problem. My guess is
Whether I can live without LVM is something I'll have to look into...
> Interesting to note is that the nodes seem to have different ideas about
> how much data needs to be synchronized, i.e.:
> Nov 25 11:07:03 Proc1 kernel: drbd0: Resync started as SyncSource (need to sync 60812372 KB [15203093 bits set]).
> Nov 25 11:07:04 Proc2 kernel: drbd0: Resync started as SyncTarget (need to sync 60558500 KB [15139625 bits set]).
After my reconfiguration I haven't seen any thing like this again. Every
time a sync is initiated both nodes have a common understanding of the
number of bytes that need to be synchronized.
I also noticed that the average sync rate was much higher and more stable
after my changes. Before the sync fluctuate between 1,000 and 25,000 Kb/s
with an average of ~10,000 Kb/s. With my changes the sync rate was fairly
stable with an average of ~20,000 Kb/s (sync rate was set to 30M in both
More information about the drbd-user