[DRBD-user] Slow NFS behaviour (0.7.5)

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Tue Nov 23 18:02:01 CET 2004

> I'm mounting sync. I'm afraid that since we need the NFS failover between
> the servers, A + async may not be an option for us :/ Our users would eat
> us alive.

This is probabely the reason for you bad performance.

My choice would be normal (=async) NFS mount plus DRBD in protocol C.

This has the same semantics as a local filesystem: The return of the
write system call means that the data is in the OS's buffers, the
return of the fsync()/fdatasync() syscall means that it is on disk.

Do you mount your local filesystems with the "sync" option ?
I do not do this. I see this as the common semantics which under
Unix/Linux.

-Philipp