[DRBD-user] Re: Negative values of wfc-timeout

Cyril Bouthors cyril at bouthors.org
Mon Nov 22 09:29:47 CET 2004

On 19 Nov 2004, philipp.reisner at public.gmane.org wrote:
> BTW, what do you want to achieve [with the negative timeout] ?

The default behaviour is quite dangerous: it can halt the machine by
itself [1] and lock the whole boot process [2] in case of degraded
cluster!

I would like DRBD to start as fast as possible at boot time on every
nodes (without any timeout or user input) and let Heartbeat or the
sysadmin decide whenever one node or the other should become primary
or secondary.  I don't want DRBD to make cluster-wide decisions
because it's (just) a block device driver.

At this time and according to the manual, I haven't found a way to
make such a configuration properly.

Is there a way to tell DRBD not to become primary at boot time and at
the same time not to wait for a secondary?

[1] incon-degr-cmd "halt -f";
[2] wfc-timeout 0;
--
Cyril Bouthors