[DRBD-user] Re: drbd 0.7.5 on RHEL 3 Problem

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Thu Nov 18 20:36:13 CET 2004

RobH wrote:

> Thanks,
> But I have found the following howto
> http://linuxha.trick.ca/DRBD_2fHowTo_2fInstall I did it slight different
> from this how to, I will try to compile it again and if it then still
> isn't working I will be back with the Console output.
> Before I start drbd do I need to load the module manually (insmod
> drbd)??

`service drbd start` will load it for you.

> Do you now what I need to change in the drbd/linux/drbd_config.h?? I
> guess that I will take a look at it tomorrow.

find the line with SIGHAND_HACK, and determine if it applies to you, I suspect
it does.
also don't forget about redhat's tendency to set the kernel compiler as
something other than the default gcc (type "gcc" and hit tab a few times, if
you see other than just gcc, you'll likely have to define CC=gccXXX before
compiling the kernel and/or drbd).

> Regards
> RobH
>
> "Todd Denniston"
> <Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil> wrote
> in message
> news:Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil:
> > RobH wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi ,
> > >
> > > I am trying to get drbd 0.7.5 work on a Red hat enterprise Linux 3 (
> > > White box enterprise Linux 3 ) with kernel 2.4.21-15.EL

<SNIP>
--
Todd Denniston