[DRBD-user] drbd 0.6.12 on SLES 8

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Fri May 28 17:24:57 CEST 2004

Seuberth, Frank said:
> Hello list,
>
> as i am not street-smart (this is from http://dict.leo.org)
> with implementing the stuff in the kernel and making what has to be
> make'd :
>
> Can someone make me happy with the needed pakages
> for installing drbd freshly 0.6.12 on :
>
> Intel Xeon dual Prozessor machine (SUN V65x)
> SLES8 SP3

Download kernel-source from kernel.org.

Check out 6.12 source from cvs repository on sourceforge.
They have directions on a cvs checkout their.
Just two cvs commands.

compile kernel.

then compile drbd module with this command
make KDIR=/location_of_kernel_directory

then insmod the drbd.o module.

I did this yesterday, works perfectly.

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering