[DRBD-user] initscript should be non-interactive

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Mon May 24 16:55:15 CEST 2004

On Monday 24 May 2004 16:19, Helmut Wollmersdorfer wrote:
> Philipp Reisner schrieb:
>  > Look for "load-only" "skip-wait" and negative init timeouts.
>
> ACK. This is suitable, if availabilty has more priority than data.
>
> Sorry for insisting, but let's think about an example of 3 pairs of
> services/drbd-resources:
>
> - service1/drbd1 is configured for human intervention and human
>    intervention is actually necessary.
> - service2/drbd2 is configured for human intervention and human
>    intervention is actually not necessary.
> - service3/drbd3 can be Primary anyways, because "outdated" is
>    acceptable.
>
> As far as I understand the init-script, it will wait at drbd1 for human
> input, and drbd2, drbd3 get no chance. Independent, if and what failover
> software is used.
>
> I think, other drbd-resources should work independent from the problems
> of only _one_ drbd-resource.
>
> Helmut Wollmersdorfer

So, what do you suggest ? -- Unfortunately heartbeat does not take hints
from DRBD. The only way to make sure that heartbeat does not activate a
resource is to not start it at all.

We are aware of the problem and working on it. But do not expect that we
will change anything in DRBD-0.6.x .

Development happens at DRBD-0.7. Although it is not formal, I would
say we are already in a kind of feature freeze for 0.7.

-Philipp