[DRBD-user] initscript should be non-interactive

Nicolas Jungers nj at hemeris.com
Mon May 24 15:28:19 CEST 2004

On 24 mai 04, at 14:12, Philipp Reisner wrote:

> This is why DRBD's start priority is 70. Usually you have nothing
> expect
> heartbeat with a start priority greater than 70.

hmm, on a very ordinary (debian woody) box

/etc/rc2.d:
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           13 Nov 21  2002 S89atd ->
../init.d/atd
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           14 Nov 21  2002 S89cron ->
../init.d/cron
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           16 Dec  2  2002 S91apache ->
../init.d/apache
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           19 Nov 21  2002 S99rmnologin ->
../init.d/rmnologin

> Any may I kindly ask you to get yourself informed about the available
> options ?
>
> Look for "load-only" "skip-wait" and negative init timeouts.

I confess, I didn't inform myself about the options, I just reacted at
the subject line. If the default out of the box is non-interactive,
fine. If the installation process (distribution dependant) offer the
choice, fine either for me. It's just that interactive initscript are
evil in my realm, and I just jumped on the subject. I'll go have a look
at the options now.

regards,
Nicolas