[DRBD-user] initscript should be non-interactive

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Mon May 24 02:58:30 CEST 2004

On 2004-05-23T23:26:50,
   Helmut Wollmersdorfer <helmut.wollmersdorfer at gmx.at> said:

> > The init script has been greatly simplified in 0.7, but this question
> > CANNOT be removed; it's not 'hard' to decide what to do, it is
> > impossible.
> If it is _impossible_, what sense does the question make?

The sysadmin may have more information about the state of affairs than
the single node can discover.

> Would it be a solution, to print a message and let states as they are?
> Further steps should be done by the cluster manager.

The problem is that the existing cluster managers cannot handle this
scenario.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering	      \ ever tried. ever failed. no matter.
SUSE Labs			      | try again. fail again. fail better.