[DRBD-user] initscript should be non-interactive

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut.wollmersdorfer at gmx.at
Sun May 23 23:26:50 CEST 2004

Lars Marowsky-Bree schrieb:

 > The init script has been greatly simplified in 0.7, but this question
 > CANNOT be removed; it's not 'hard' to decide what to do, it is
 > impossible.

If it is _impossible_, what sense does the question make?

 > It must block and wait for adminstrative input.

But why must it block the init-script?
Would it be a solution, to print a message and let states as they are?
Further steps should be done by the cluster manager.

BTW: I heard, that SUSE has something similar like the debian policy
document. If so, can you provide a link?

Helmut Wollmersdorfer